Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sense of Place Statement

A place can be anything you make it out to be. Most places are stationary while some are mobile. It is really up to us as an individual to decide how we let these places affect us and change our way of thinking.
Home is a place many of us are reminded of when looking back at life. Whether it was big, small, happy, hell, or somewhere in everyone has a home and this home is one of the biggest building blocks in shaping us as a person. I would go so far to say that home is the most important place, whether you grew to hate it or love it.
The neighborhood is a broader place, made up of homes in a joined community, these neighborhoods are also woven into our human fabric, along with the home. The neighborhood is the first place outside the home we actually began to explore and find ourselves in.
With all that said my own sense of place still has not been found. I don't feel bad, or ashamed to say that. I feel that I'm on a personal journey and one day I will find the sense of place but until that day comes I will enjoy my place in life, wherever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment