Monday, January 31, 2011

Crit-On-Crit for Assignment #1

My major suggestions from other students for my first assignment was to shorten some scene. Like the beginning of my film when I show my character environment of her room. I agree with the comment but showing the environment was kinda of one of the big parts of the subject. I just thought to make it better that I could have pick the speed up faster. The shakiness of the camera another. I know now small devices are never a good use to make a short nor big film unless you have a tripod. Also taking unnecessarily scenes out. The ending of the film showing the character getting ready to go to bed and claps the light off. I also agree with this suggestion because it is not part of the theme of the assignment. Final, the over-acting. I know now that over-acting is not good because it gives it a non-realistic vide, unless its a comedy.
After studying the critiques my eyes were open to the negative and positive. With the topic being "Sense of Place" some students like the fact that I started the film with showing my character environment first then showing the character it self. Also the mini close-ups expression/emotion and some camera angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment